Thursday, March 17, 2011

So this is Music Nowadays: Apparatjik and Smart Collaborate with a Disco Ball Smart ForTwo [with Video]


When I say, �Apparatjik,� you say, �Gesundheit�. Why? Because no doubt you, like me, had not even heard of these guys until today. Apparatjik are an electro band from Europe that describes their music as, no joke, �combat-disco�. Oh how I wish I was making this up. Anyways, for the band�s latest art-exhibition-cum-live-show Smart � yes, the same one that makes those piddling little city cars � took one of their ForTwo EV�s and covered it with a mosaic of mirrors.

I guess it must be artsy or something. As Michael Fischer, a spokesperson for Smart and someone who probably understands Appartjik about as well as you or I, explains:

�It�s not their approach to deliver a perfect piece of art or a perfect piece of music. It�s a very conceptual project. It�s not like a regular band. They play in a cube.�

Read more �